We receive a number of different types of information about you, including:
Your information is the information that's required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share.
* Registration information
When you sign up for ITmodelbook, you are required to provide your name, email address, birthday and gender.
* Information you choose to share
Your information also includes the information you choose to share on ITmodelbook, such as when you post an update, upload a model when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a Page or a website, find contacts using our contact importers.
Your name, profile picture, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public.
Your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and advertisements.
Information others share about you
We receive information about you from your contacts, such as when they mention you in a comment, or add you to a group.
We may also receive information about you from the papers, models and groups you use, but only when you have given them permission. If you have given anyone permission to post information on your Wall, you can remove it from your settings.
Other information we receive about you
We also receive other types of information about you:
* We receive data about you whenever you interact with ITmodelbook, such as when you look at another person's profile, send someone a message, search for a contact or a model, click on an advert or make a purchase.
* When you post things like models or papers on ITmodelbook, we may receive additional related data (or metadata), such as the time, date and place.
* We receive data from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access ITmodelbook. This may include your IP address, location, the type of browser you use or the pages you visit. For example, we may find your GPS location so we can tell you if any of your contacts are nearby.
* Sometimes we get data from our advertising partners, customers and other third parties that helps us (or them) deliver ads, understand online activity, and generally make ITmodelbook better. For example, an advertiser may tell us how you responded to an ad on ITmodelbook or on another site in order to measure the effectiveness of - and improve the quality of - those ads.
We also put together data from the information we already have about you and your contacts. For example, we may put together data about you to determine which friends we should show you in your News Feed or suggest you tag in the models you post. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to tell you and your contacts about people or events nearby, for example, or offer deals to you that you might be interested in. We may also put together data about you to serve you adverts that might be more relevant to you.
When we get your GPS location, we put it together with other location information we have about you (like your current city). But we only keep it until it is no longer useful to provide you services.
We only provide data to our advertising partners or customers after we have removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it, or have combined it with other people's data in such a way that it is no longer associated with you. Similarly, when we receive data about you from our advertising partners or customers, we keep the data for 180 days. After that, we combine the data with other people's data in a such way that it is no longer associated with you.
When we use the phrase "public information", we mean the information you choose to make public, as well as information that is always publicly available.
Information you choose to make public
Choosing to make your information public is exactly what it sounds like: anyone, including people off of ITmodelbook, will be able to see it.
Choosing to make your information public also means that this information:
* Can be associated with you (i.e. your name, profile picture, ITmodelbook profile, user ID etc.) even off ITmodelbook
* Can show up when someone does a search on ITmodelbook or on a public search engine
* Will be accessible to the applications and websites you and your contacts use
* Will be accessible to anyone who uses our APIs.
Sometimes you will not be able to select an audience when you post something. This is because some types of posts are always public posts. As a general rule, you should assume that if you do not see a sharing icon, the information will be publicly available.
When others share information about you, they can also choose to make it public.
Information that is always publicly available
The types of information listed below are always publicly available, and are treated just like information you decided to make public.
This helps your contacts and associates find you. If you are uncomfortable sharing your real name, you can always deactivate or delete your account.
* Profile pictures
This helps your contacts and associates recognise you. If you are not comfortable with making your profile picture public, you can always delete it by hovering over your photo and clicking "Change Picture".
This helps you see whom you will be sharing information with before you choose "Contacts and networks" as a custom audience. If you are uncomfortable making your group public, you can leave the group.
* Username and User ID
These allow you to give out a custom link to your profile or Page, receive email at your ITmodelbook email address.
How we use the information we receive
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users, such as your contacts and the advertisers that purchase adverts on the site. For example, we may use the information we receive about you:
* As part of our efforts to keep ITmodelbook safe and secure;
* To provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your contacts when something is going on nearby;
* To measure or understand the effectiveness of adverts that you and others see;
* To make suggestions to you and other users on ITmodelbook, such as suggesting that your contacts use our contact importer because you have found contacts using it, suggesting that another user add you as a contact because the user has imported the same email address as you or suggesting that your contact tag you in a model they have uploaded with you as a co-author.
Granting us this permission not only allows us to provide ITmodelbook as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways.
While you are allowing us to use the information we receive about you, you always own all of your information. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don't share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
* Received your permission;
* Given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
* Removed your name or any other personally identifying information from it.
We are able to suggest that your Contact tag you in a model or paper by comparing your contact's modelbook to information we've put together from the models you've been tagged in. You can control whether we suggest that another user tag you in a model using the How tags work settings.
Deleting and deactivating your account
If you want to stop using your account, you can either deactivate or delete it.
Deactivating your account puts your account on hold. Other users will no longer see your profile, but we do not delete any of your information. Deactivating an account is the same as you telling us not to delete any information because you might want to reactivate your account at some point in the future.
You can deactivate your account on your account settings page.
When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from ITmodelbook. It typically takes about one month to delete an account, but some information may remain in backup copies and logs for up to 90 days. You should only delete your account if you are sure you never want to reactivate it.
Business partners of ITmodelbook, vendors providing hosting and other services for ITmodelbook, third party analytics providers, as well as advertisers who contract directly with a third-party service to serve their advertisements on our website may set their own unique cookies through your browser.
Popup box will show up in bottom corner of the page, you can choose to accept cookies or to refuse all cookies. However, if you choose to disable the receipt of cookies from our website, you may not be able to use certain features of the site.
Disclosure of Information
1. ITModelBook will not rent or sell your Personal Information to others but may disclose personal information with third-party vendors and service providers that work with ITModelBook. We will only share personal information to these vendors and service providers to help us provide a product or service to you. Examples of third parties we work with are call center operators, shippers, servicers, information processors, financial institutions, data appending and surge scoring companies. These third parties only have access to personal information necessary for them to complete their service.
3. ITModelBook reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable and/or non-personally identifiable information that is believed, in good faith, to be appropriate or necessary for the purpose of enforcing the ITModelBook Terms of Service, or other governing ITModelBook policies. Other causes of release of data may be due to, but not limited to:
i. Taking precautions against liability issues;
ii. To assist government enforcement agencies;
iii. To investigate and defend ITModelBook against third party claims or allegations;
iv. To protect the security or integrity of the Website and/or Services; and/or
v. To protect the rights, property, or personal safety of ITModelBook, Users of the Website, or others.
4. ITModelBook does not share personally identifiable information with other non-affiliated third-party companies for their commercial use or marketing use without your consent, except as part of Services.
5. ITModelBook does share non-personally identifiable information, such as anonymous User data and traffic data, with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns and trends analysis for certain content, advertisements, promotions, services, and/or functionality of the Website.
6. ITModelBook may release any information available if required to do so by law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with law or the powers of government enforcement agencies. Other causes for release of information could be for needs to comply with copyright laws or to respond to a court order, subpoena, and/or search warrant. We also may be required to disclose an individual’s personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Decline to Accept: You may decline to submit or allow the submission of personally identifiable information through the Website, in which case ITModelBook may not be able to provide certain Services. You may, at any time, update or edit your profile information and email preferences by visiting your ITModelBook account profile page.
Links and Third-Party Advertisers: ITModelBook allows other companies, also referred to as Third Party Advertisers, Ad Servers, or Ad Networks (collectively, the "Advertisers") to serve advertisements via the Website. These Advertisers may use technology to send directly to your Web browser advertisements and links that appear on the Website. This technology may capture certain non-personally identifiable data, such as your IP address, etc. This technology may also measure the effectiveness of their advertisements and to personalize the advertising content you may view on the Website.
Data Security: In an effort to provide maximum protection of User's privacy, ITModelBook routinely utilizes commercially reasonable physical, technical, and managerial safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. However, ITModelBook cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to ITModelBook or place upon the Website and you do so at your own risk. Once ITModelBook receive said transmission of personal information, ITModelBook engages commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of its systems and the personal information you provided. This is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, altered, disclosed, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as social security number or Tax ID) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits individual California residents to request certain information regarding ITModelBook's disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to email@example.com. Please include your name, mailing address, and email address if you want to receive a response by email. Otherwise, we will respond by postal mail within the time required by applicable law.
If you are a California resident under age 18 and are a registered user of any of the services, then you may request that we remove any content that you created and publicly posted on our website ("User Content"). To request removal of your User Content, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific Data User Content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ITModelBook reserves the right to request that you provide information that will enable us to confirm that the User Content that you want removed was created and posted by you. ITModelBook will make a good faith effort to delete or remove your User Content from public view as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note, however, that your request that we delete your User Content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of your User Content. Your User Content may remain on backup media, cached or otherwise retained by ITModelBook for administrative or legal purposes or your User Content may remain publicly available if you or someone else has forwarded or re-posted your User Content on another website or service prior to its deletion. ITModelBook may also be required by law to not remove (or allow removal) of your User Content. Updating or Correcting Personally Identifiable Information if you no longer desire to use ITModelBook’s Services or need to update your contact information, you may correct or update it by emailing our privacy team at email@example.com, or by contacting us by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below. Your rights to access, to limit use, and to limit disclosure: European Union individuals have the right to access personal data about them, and to limit use and disclosure of their personal data. If you wish to request access, to limit use, or to limit disclosure, please email ITModelBook privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request to the contact information provided below.
Children's Privacy: ITModelBook complies with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and does recognize the responsibility to protect the privacy of young children at all times and to the best of everyone's ability. For that reason, ITModelBook does not knowingly collect or maintain any information via the Website from persons under the age of thirteen (13), and no part of our Website is directed to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If an underage person provides such information and ITModelBook has unknowingly collected said information, then ITModelBook will take the appropriate steps to delete this information immediately.
Transfer of Rights: Should ITModelBook be acquired, merged, or endeavor to become closed for business, ITModelBook reserves the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information collected, during the due course of business, from Users of the Website. This information may be held as part of any such acquisition, merger, sale, or other change of control or business entity status. In the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, assignment for the benefit of creditors, insolvency, receivership, reorganization, or the application of laws or legally recognized enforcements and/or actions, ITModelBook may not be able to control how Users' personal information is accessed, treated, transferred, and/or used. In any of these circumstances, you hold harmless and indemnify ITModelBook and its officers, directors, employees, agents, and assignees from and against any claims of responsibility, damages, costs, debts, losses, liabilities, obligations, fees and/or expenses.
Contact Information:ITModelBook Customer Service,
4th Floor, Alpha 2 Giga Space IT Park, Viman Nagar
Pune, Maharashtra 411014 INDIA.
Direct Dial +91 20 4860 1700.
Presiding Language: This Agreement and all ITModelBook policies are written and executed in English, which is considered the prevailing language for purposes of interpretation or laws of contract. If this Agreement is translated into any other language, the English version shall be considered the primary binding legal document.